University of California, Riverside

Materials Science and Engineering

MS&E Graduate Admission

MSE Graduate Program Admission Requirements

The Materials Science and Engineering Graduate Program offers M.S. and Ph.D. degrees. The university requirements for the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Materials Science and Engineering are described in the Graduate Studies section of the UCR General Catalog.

The following are the rules for the admission to the MSE Graduate Program.

Students with backgrounds in other scientific fields are encouraged to apply. Applicants lacking minimum undergraduate MSE related preparation may be admitted, but must take the appropriate undergraduate courses. Under special circumstances, students may be admitted with deficiencies provided that the deficiencies are corrected within the first year of graduate study. Courses taken for this purpose do not count towards an advanced degree. For more information visit the Graduate Division webpage.



More Information 

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

College Information

Bourns College of Engineering
313 Materials Science & Engineering Building

Tel: (951) 827-3383
Fax: (951) 827-3188x

Related Links